Friday, September 16, 2011

It's been a month!

We have lived in the Netherlands for a month already.  We are definitely enjoying ourselves and can't wait to check off all the cities/countries on our long list of places we want to visit!
Jamie traveled back to Minneapolis for work this week and returns today.  Our crate finally arrived this week so I was busy unpacking and organizing all our stuff.  I can't believe how excited I was to see familiar American brands like Tide, Bounce, Triscuits and all natural Skippy PB.  But mostly excited to see our road bikes and to start taking some day trips out to the countryside.  Sarah and I drove to Belgium to go to Carrefour, a larger grocery store, where we will now be doing our weekly stock-up trips.  It was nice to have a larger variety of options and hopefully not have to go to Albert Heijn everyday but rather go there or the market for fill-in trips.  We also had dinner at a restaurant nearby, Cafe Zondag, and went to the cinema to see Crazy, Stupid, Love.
I also joined the International Women's Club this week and went to the welcome coffee event.  There were around 12 new women joining that had moved to the area from Spain, Ireland, Germany,etc.  The South Limburg club currently has a total of 200 members and has many different events going on every week (a running group, cooking, book club, a younger group that meets at a different pub/bar each month . . I'll definitely be joining that group!).  My first official meeting is next week and I am very excited to meet many new people.
Tapas from Cafe Zondag

No comments:

Post a Comment