Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Home Improvement Projects & Girl Time!

I dropped off Jamie at Brussels airport on Sunday morning as he will be in the U.S. on business for almost 3 weeks.  We spent all day Saturday on household improvement projects - framed and put up the Van Gogh print we bought at the Van Gogh museum our first weekend here, bought new rugs and throw pillows and a few needed kitchen items and rearranged the furniture.  It feels a lot more comfortable here now (compare the 'After' pics below with the 'Before' pics from my first post in August).
So far this week, I attended the International Women's Club first Friday drinks at Cafe t'Pothuiske.  It was a great night out and I met 15-20 women that I had not met at previous events.  I also attended our next door neighbor, Alex's birthday party Sunday afternoon/evening along with the other neighbors.  It was another fun evening of great food, delicious cakes and good conversation.  Last night I went out via bike to dinner and the best Tiramisu at II Giardino and then a movie with 5 of the neighbor ladies.  This may turn into a monthly ladies night out (GNO-Netherlands)!
And now I just got back from Yoga and I am getting ready for our first visitors to the Netherlands.  I have 3 girlfriends from home coming at the same time!  I pick up Amy and Alyssa in Amsterdam tomorrow and then pick up Kellie in Belgium on Friday.  A household full of ladies . . Jamie is probably glad he is gone.  ;)   Can't wait to see them and have a fun week of girl time!
Leaving for a ladies night out!
Night out with the neighbor ladies
 Our Living Room with the new rug, plants and Van Gosh print.
 Dining Room with new decor
 DIY Project  - I framed different fabrics for decor & to add color to our white walls!
Van Gogh print called Almond Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment